As a registrar and receptionist at New Mexico Surgery Center Orthopaedics you will be working with a team that is responsible for admitting a patient into the center for their procedure or surgery.
Job Summary: Interact and welcome with patients and families, physicians and staff, and visitors to the Surgery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Job Description: Registration Coordinator
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Business Office Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Greet and admit patients and their families and efficiently to our facility.
Admit patients and accurately processes their paperwork.
- Update patient demographics/information in centers PAS system.
- Ensure patient has signed all required forms/documents required by center as well as state and federal guidelines.
- Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire should be completed for all patients identified with Medicare as a primary payer.
- Copy of patient information (identification and insurance cards).
- Collect money due and document in billing documents. Handle funds per office procedures.
- Prepare charts for admission of patients.
- Prepare reports for upcoming surgery schedules.
- Receives, screens, and routes incoming calls in a professional manner by the third ring.
- Is crossed trained to effectively perform other business office duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATION and EDUCATIONAL and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability require. High School education and/or equivalent; up to one year of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Shall have demonstrated computer skills.