MISSIONSIDE NEEDS TALENT LIKE YOURS.
You have the unique opportunity to join MissionSide’s team of hard-charging, passionate individuals. The Customer Service Representative will interact with the company’s customers by addressing inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Interacts with customers via telephone, email, online chat, or in person to provide support and information on products or services.
- Collects and enters orders for new or additional products or services.
- Fields customer questions and complaints; when the issue is beyond the representative’s knowledge, forwards to the assigned specialist or other appropriate staff.
- Ensures that appropriate actions are taken to resolve customers’ problems and concerns.
- Maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer grievances.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Bring Your Own Device Requirement:
- A telecommuter complies with the minimum internet speed requirement of 20 Mbps.
Who Are We?
Since 2014 MissionSide has been leading the charge in elevating the way government agencies interact with the constituents they represent. We are changing the conversation in constituent/government communications by championing a “constituent as customer” philosophy. Click to learn more about our vision & mission.
We truly believe that where you work matters – and it’s our mission to provide opportunities for those just entering the workforce, looking for progressive responsibility in their chosen field, looking for a flexible second job, or staying in the workforce after retirement.
This is your chance to build your career and to develop your skills as part of a fast-growing Washington, D.C.-based company with footholds throughout the United States. We need brains, commitment, and passion in our mission to elevate & emphasize the customer when it comes to customer/government interactions.
MissionSide is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $12.26 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
Communication method(s) used:
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Waiting period may apply