Why are you seeing her picture? she is the face of this job position! We know how difficult it can be to apply for jobs, the worst part is getting rejected by some companies. The good news is you are a step closer to getting your dream job, so we decided to mix things up a little bit by sharing pictures of some of our Models here at Bentigos. It gives you motivation to keep applying for more jobs without giving up.
2020 Energy Market Analytics Internship
Durham, NC •Commercial-Structured Finance
Are you an aspiring Analytics guru? Do you dream in Excel? This could be the internship for you! Are you able to see past “the noise” in large data sets? Again, this is an internship worth considering!
PowerSecure, an intense and exciting company, is looking for an Energy Market Analytics intern to join our creative Commercial-Structured Finance team. PowerSecure is working to market innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. PowerSecure provides energy solutions in the areas of distributed energy infrastructure and energy efficiency. Our team is hard-working, smart, goal-oriented, and creative, and they are looking for an Energy Market Analytics intern to join the Durham, NC location. We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way we do business.
Specifically, your primary deliverable at the end of the internship will be to provide an analysis of generation projects to determine real-world “dispatch-ability.” A secondary function will be to provide analytical support to one or two large projects/requests for proposals that may occur over the summer.
- Use strong quantitative and analytical abilities to merge and assess data.
- Perform creative analysis to develop insights into complex business challenges.
- Construct statistical and financial models to forecast business performance.
- Develop recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Synthesize analytical results to provide recommendations.
- Use data-based decision making to present ideas and communicate them persuasively.
- Applicants should be pursuing either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Advanced Analytics, Economics, Computer Science (Data Science), Statistics or similarly related field.
- Must be in good standing with an accredited college/university
- Must have achieved at least sophomore status prior to Summer 2020
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship-which lasts from May-August.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Familiarity with Tableau software platform a plus but not required
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.
Operating Company: PowerSecure