Why are you seeing her picture? she is the face of this job position! We know how difficult it can be to apply for jobs, the worst part is getting rejected by some companies. The good news is you are a step closer to getting your dream job, so we decided to mix things up a little bit by sharing pictures of some of our Models here at Bentigos. It gives you motivation to keep applying for more jobs without giving up.
We are seeking an energetic, creative, and hardworking individual to join our Proprietary Strategies portfolio management team. This team is responsible for the development and ongoing management of investment solutions which include Factor Investing, Tax Management, ESG, and other systematic/quantitatively driven strategies. These investment solutions are managed for clients in commingled vehicles as well as separate accounts.
The candidate for this role will assist the team in supporting the firm’s growing Managed Accounts business, including portfolio management responsibilities for separately managed accounts.
This role requires the person to act as product expert in the ongoing management of client portfolios, evaluating the effectiveness of various strategies, performance evaluation, and working collaboratively with Portfolio Management and Research teams on investment strategy development. This associate will require strong project and relationship management skills and must demonstrate a high attention to detail.
It is expected that this role will be working from Russell’s Seattle headquarters.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Portfolio Management (50%)
- Work closely with relevant teams within the Investment Division to manage portfolio outcomes consistent with client expectations
- Ongoing management of separate account and other portfolios, including trade generation and instruction
- Apply and interpret quantitatively driven portfolio optimizations
- Use exception-based decision making in the portfolio management process
- Track cash flows and other asset movements associated with client portfolios and requests
- Implement model changes systematically across numerous portfolios
- Generate performance analysis, evaluating both before and after-tax outcomes
- Ensure portfolios’ adherence to guidelines and compliance rules
- Work collaboratively with Research, Trading, Operations, and Technology colleagues to improve overall investment processes and platform
Client Service (10%)
- Help communicate the investment process and portfolio outcomes to senior management, global business units, client service, and external clients
- Assist with client ready performance analysis, reporting, and attribution reporting
- Provide written portfolio commentary
- Respond to client requests for analysis
- Enhancing our value proposition by improving client-ready content/reporting
Product/Process Expert (40%)
- Working closely with business units and product teams to provide value-added strategies and services to clients
- Represent the portfolio management team in high level process, technology, operations and product related projects
- Work collaboratively with Research, Development & Technology teams to design scalable investment process, which can be systematically applied across numerous portfolios
- Lead projects to investigate and develop new ideas. This may include identifying innovative solutions, working with internal and external resources to evaluate these ideas, and drafting position papers and presentations to document findings
- Provide effective mentorship and leadership across the organization
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 7+ years of professional investment management or similar experience
- Investment decision making skills; financial analysis, strategic and theoretical skills
- Experience with systematic portfolio management or related investment disciplines; Tax Management, Factor Investing, Equity Trading
- Experience with programming languages (i.e. Python, R, etc) strongly preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive is a collaborative work environment
- Strong client service and communication skills especially as they pertain to communicating complex concepts both orally and in writing to individuals with various degrees of investment experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Managed Accounts programs strongly preferred
- Flexible and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or another related field required. Master’s degree and/or CFA preferred