Farm Research and Demonstration Agronomist – Winterville, MS
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with multiple departments including, product management, technical services, digital, sustainability, breeding and sales to ensure that key elements of the farm and market strategy are executed.
- Lead and champion the Nutrien Farm vision, host tours, field days and stakeholder events.
- Design and execute on farm product testing and demonstrations that align with local, regional and national business goals.
- Develop, implement and validate agronomic practices, products and targeted solutions.
- Manage all agronomic aspects of trial preparation including plot design, layout, planting, maintenance, cultivation, irrigation, data collection and harvest.
- Develop and execute a local training program that enhances the ability of our employees to articulate practices and products that solve major grower challenges.
- Establish an agronomic network internally and externally to help support training needs and technical agronomic knowledge.
- Ensure agronomic, product and farm learning resources are available to crop consultants, PPM’s, divisions, and customers.
What you will bring:
- B.S. degree in agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, weed science or related discipline. Master or Ph.D. in agronomy, weed science, plant pathology, entomology or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in farming production or experimental production management of cotton, corn, and soybeans including one year in a supervisor or leader role.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ consultative agronomic experience.
- Effectively demonstrated self-motivation, assertiveness, initiative, and results orientation.
- Proficient at reading research literature/field reports and translating data/statistics into market related solutions and information.
- Demonstrated ability to present and train others in new technologies, use and application of crop inputs and whole farm solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence, develop and build business relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills (precision ag programs, databases, statistical software, mobile technology, reporting tools, etc.).
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) certification preferred.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.